The latest residential security options are becoming more capable every year. With that being said, it doesn't take much to fail to complete easy security chores like activating your home security, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these chores again? With geofencing in Lexington, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Lexington For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary along the sides of your residence, which you may customize within your cell phone app. This convenient tool then uses your mobile device to see when you go beyond the border and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices utilize to communicate with each other. The technology assists your home security by putting all devices onto the same network. You can set up a unique boundary around your property and program what actions you want to take place if you go past the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, shortly after you pull away from your property, you could instruct your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will notify your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even change your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the components you may command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your property’s security system in Lexington. When you download the ADT Control app, you have the ability to make the most of automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: set your smart components to activate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific equipment activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the fan if a smoke detector trips. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light if your security camera detects unusual motion outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Have your lighting lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for TV night with the right light and thermostat settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Lexington
Whether you desire extra peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our representatives today at (859) 279-1710 or send in the form on this page to get started on your optimal security system.