Home security cameras can simply be installed as a warning—a sign that notifies criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are equipped with an array of tools all tailor-made to deliver comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording options and two-way talk or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these tools enable you to get the most from video surveillance in Lexington.
How To Set Up Your Lexington Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is installing the components in the right places within your living space. Interior security cameras work best when placed in high traffic spots such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great idea to have a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to pass to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to offer you a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, front and backyard, shed, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your main entryway via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations around your interior that are less vital to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room may impact your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you need some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Device location is only the beginning in extracting the utmost out of home security cameras in Lexington. The additions listed below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your mobile device whenever strange activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to start filming when activity is discovered which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your video surveillance to record and store clips for easy viewing anytime.
- Two-way talk: The majority of current security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with guests with the camera. Through your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, provides a more complete view of an area. Look for cameras that provide a minimum of 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan all the way around for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can pick up clips of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Lexington is simpler. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system rises from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (859) 279-1710 or fill out the form below to begin building your security system today.