How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Lexington
You know you need to protect your home. After all, it’s where your loved ones live and is where you store your belongings. But what is the ideal type of home secuirty? Whether or not to get 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading considerations you must make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Lexington and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system connects to a professional monitoring team that is prepared to offer assistance at all times. When a window sensor triggers or a smoke detector begins beeping, your monitoring professionals get an instant notification. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and dispatch the appropriate emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with professional support. You might think of this to be self-monitoring, which means that if your system is tripped, you have to take action to remedy the situation. This possibility is the more affordable route, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Lexington
Here’s a short overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup at the ready is always a good choice. If you are away from home, asleep, or without your smartphone, your residence and those inside will still be watched over.
- Quicker response: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll react more quickly to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems could qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Top-of-the-line tools and flawless integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will enjoy a fully integrated system with devices that may be of a higher quality than what you will find yourself.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Many residents would rather have the job taken care of by skilled experts, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract as part of your package. This may be agreeable for many as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Lexington
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Some may consider this an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an added charge. Others will want to go with a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You can install equipment when you wish - and from different manufacturers. Taking that into account, you could find assembling into a seamless system a challenge.
- Control: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If an emergency takes place, you’re in control of getting support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you don’t have your smartphone and don’t get a security alert? This circumstance equates to more stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your total attention: As you are the single person in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you require help during an install, you might have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Lexington
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Lexington from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the ideal option for you. Contact (859) 279-1710 today to speak with our security experts.